Universiteitshal (University Hall)
This prestigious building of 1317 was originally the municipal Cloth Hall and only comprised a ground floor in Gothic style.
In 1432 the newly founded university was housed in the wing on the Krakenstraat. The hall was used as a lecture hall until the First World War. In 1679 the city sold the entire building to the University that immediately built the baroque first floor. In 1723 the Rega wing was added (classical sandstone façade overlooking Oude Markt).
Today the Registrar's Office is housed here.