- It is for a private vehicle, company car, or light truck (max. length 4.90 m and max. height 1.90 m).
- The vehicle is registered at your address.
- You have a Belgian number plate.
Foreign number plate? Then you can purchase a once-only residential parking permit for a maximum of three months.
- You officially live in a zone where you have to pay a parking fee or display a parking disk.
Just moved house? After the provisional change of address, you can purchase a residential parking permit for a maximum of three months.
Requesting your permit
- just moved house: proof of provisional registration
- for light trucks: proof showing the dimensions of the vehicle
- for company cars: company car certificate (you can request the document at the City council offices)
- proof of vehicle registration
- identity card
- first parking card:
- € 20 for 3 months
- € 60 for 1 year
- second parking card:
- € 90 for 3 months
- € 300 for 1 year
Which streets can you park in?
You can only park in the streets in your zone using your residential parking permit. In the city centre, this includes your own zone and the two neighbouring zones. The traffic warden will check the database on-site to see if you are authorised to park there or not.
opgeletYou may not park in special parking spaces, such as short-term parking, disabled parking, or car-sharing spaces.