Where do you get a vaccine?
Until 10 December 2021: Kinepolis
Bondgenotenlaan 145/149, 3000 Leuven
View on Google Maps
How to get there?
- On foot: Entrance via Bondgenotenlaan or Diestsestraat.
- By bicycle: Bicycle shed free of charge at the Kinepolis car park
- By bus or by train:
- 2-minutes’ walk from Leuven railway station.
- Tip: Free train ride to and from your vaccination center
- By car: You park your car against payment at:
- The vaccination centre is accessible to wheelchairs.
- Someone (partner, relative, friend, caregiver) can help you and accompany you to and in the vaccination centre. You can get help from a staff member every step of the way.
- Guide dogs are allowed.
- People with a hearing impairment can be helped by a staff member wearing a transparent face mask (for lipreading).
From 13 december 2021: Brabanthal
Brabanthal, Brabantlaan 1, 3001 Leuven
Consult Google Maps for the routes.
How to get there?
Make an appointment
With your invitation
- The invitation contains your vaccination code. You can make an appointment up to 1 month after having received the letter. Afterwards the code is no longer valid.
- You can use that code to make an appointment online or by telephone. You will find instructions in the invitation.
Via the corona information centre
Make an appointment via the corona information centre if:
- Your code has expired or declined.
- You are 12 years or older and have not yet received an invitation, or no longer have one. Keep your national register number ready.
What do you need to bring?
- Identity card
- Children between the ages of 12 and 15 must be accompanied by their parents or must bring written permission from their parents.
- Invitation, on paper or smartphone
- Mouth mask
Anyone who cannot wear a mouth mask for medical reasons and has a doctor's certificate for this, may wear a face shield (no scarf, bandana, buff ...).
- You don’t have to bring any money. The vaccine is free.
- You will get an injection in your upper arm. Wear a comfortable top that makes it easy to bare your upper arm.
An exception is made for people who need assistance.
Don’t come when you’re ill.
Call the corona information centre.
What is the procedure for your vaccination?
The vaccination takes place in 5 steps:
- At the entrance, you disinfect your hands and we measure your temperature.
- A desk employee will register you on the basis of your identity card and your invitation. We will refer you to one of the 4 vaccination zones, the yellow, the green, the red or the blue zone. You simply have to follow the coloured lines painted on the floor to the right zone.
- You can then take place in the waiting area. You will see when it’s your turn on the screen above the waiting area.
- When it’s your turn, you can enter the vaccination cubicle. You will be asked to answer a few medical questions:
- Do you have flu-like symptoms or one of the following symptoms at the moment: cough, shortness of breath, fever, sore muscles, fatigue, loss of smell and taste, blocked nose, sore throat, diarrhea?
- Have you ever had an immediate or serious reaction after a vaccination?
- Have you ever needed urgent medical care after taking medication?
- Do you have asthma? Do you suffer from it a lot in spite of your treatment?
Then you will be given the vaccine and your vaccination will be registered.
- You can then take place in a 2nd waiting area. Someone will help you if you have any side effects. If you feel OK, you can go home after fifteen minutes.