Certificate of family composition with address history
After the declaration of a birth, an official document called a birth certificate is drawn up. You can request a copy or an international multilingual extract of this certificate online.
How to request?
At the city or municipality where the baby was born.
- Your spouse, registered partner, legal representative (e.g. parent or guardian) or relatives in ascending and descending line or heirs
- Lawyers and notaries public
- Others, after permission from the people to whom the certificate relates (for certificates younger than 100 years)
- If the people to whom the certificate relates have died: one of the heirs
Free of charge.
When will you receive the document?
- You requested it using your electronic identity card
You will usually receive the document immediately in your mailbox.
- You requested it for someone else using your electronic identity card
You will receive the document in your mailbox after verification.
- You requested it without using your electronic identity card
You will receive the document at your official address after approximately 5 business days.
- You requested it via e-mail
You can collect the document at the city office, without an appointment.
View address and opening hours
Document for use abroad
To use the document abroad, you sometimes need a legalisation.
Certificates of more than 100 years old can be found in the City Archive.