Coronavirus: general measures
In Leuven the following measures are applicable.
10 tips for enjoying a safe summer
- Get vaccinated.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Limit your social contacts.
- Maintain a safe distance.
- Is everyone in your group vaccinated? Then you can take off your masks.
- Test yourself, even if you have been vaccinated, when:
- You have symptoms
- You had contact with an infected person
- You are returning from a red zone
- Do you feel ill or do you have symptoms? Stay home and contact your GP.
- Go outside.
- Ventilate indoor spaces.
- Keep it safe while travelling, too.
Vaccination in Brabanthal
Who will receive the vaccine in Brabanthal? How can you get there? What do you need to bring?
Read more about vaccination.
Where is a mouth mask mandatory?
- In places where it is impossible to keep 1.5 metres distance.
- In some places wearing a mouth mask is mandatory.
Contact with others
You are allowed to receive 8 visitors at home, next to your family members (not including children up to 12 years old) at the same time.
In public spaces (streets, parks, squares), after 22:00 it is prohibited to:
- Drink alcohol in public areas
- Play or make electrically amplified music
Sports and leisure
- Training sessions and sports competitions are allowed to take place without limitation on number of persons.
- Cafeterias and canteens are open, they follow the rules of the bars and restaurants.
Children and teenagers
- Youth activities and camps are allowed to take place with up to 100 people, with overnight stays (200 people as from August).
- Groups may not be mixed.
- Supervisors or trainers wear a mouth mask en keep a 1.5 meters’ safety distance.
Events, parties and gatherings
- Eg. concerts, theater performances, musicals or sports competitions
- Events are allowed to take place:
- Indoors with 100% of the seating capacity (up to 3.000 persons). Spectators must remain seated and wear a mouth mask.
- Outdoors: with up to 5.000 persons. Spectators can stand up but need to wear a mouth mask when standing.
- After official approval by the City (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Marriages, religious services, funerals and cremations
- Indoors: with up to 200 people.
- Outdoors: with up to 400 people.
Guided tours are limited to a maximum of 25 persons (guide not included).
Bars, restaurants and companies
Bars and restaurants
- Opening hours: from 5 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Maximum 8 people (children up to 12 years old not included) may sit at the same table.
- The distance between table groups must be at least 1.5 metres.
- On the terrace, the distance may be smaller if there are plexiglass walls (at least 1.8 m high) between the tables.
- People may only sit at a table (no service at the bar). You remain seated at the same table.
- Wearing a mouth mask is mandatory for staff and customers if they are not sitting at a table
- Indoor ventilation must be monitored.
You disinfect your hands for the attraction and keep your distance with other visitors.
- Working from home is advisable.
- Teambuildings are allowed.
Questions about the coronavirus in Leuven
General questions about the coronavirus in Belgium
The federal government shares official, verified and up-to-date information: