Coronavirus: general measures
In Leuven the following measures are applicable.
Vaccination in Brabanthal
Who will receive the vaccine in Brabanthal? How can you get there? What do you need to bring?
Read more about vaccination.
Where is a mouth mask mandatory?
- In places where it is impossible to keep 1.5 metres distance.
- In some places wearing a mouth mask is mandatory.
Contact with others
You are allowed to receive 8 visitors at home, next to your family members (not including children up to 12 years old) at the same time.
In public spaces (streets, parks, squares), after 22:00 it is prohibited to:
- Drink alcohol in public areas
- Play or make electrically amplified music
Sports and leisure
- Training sessions and sports competitions are allowed to take place without limitation on number of persons.
- Cafeterias and canteens are open, they follow the rules of the bars and restaurants.
Children and teenagers
- Youth activities and camps are allowed to take place with up to 200 people, with overnight stays.
- Groups may not be mixed.
- Supervisors or trainers wear a mouth mask en keep a 1.5 meters’ safety distance.
Events, parties and gatherings
- Eg. concerts, theater performances, musicals or sports competitions
- Events are allowed to take place:
- Indoors with 100% of the seating capacity (up to 3.000 persons). Spectators must remain seated and wear a mouth mask.
- Outdoors: with up to 5.000 persons. Spectators can stand up but need to wear a mouth mask when standing.
- After official approval by the City (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Mass Events with Covid Safe Ticket
- Access with Covid Safe Ticket (CST)
- Outdoors: as from 13 August 2021
- Indoors: as from 1 September 2021
- 1500 to 75,000 people
- Only with permission from the city (but no CIRM or CERM) via email@example.com.
- You do not have to wear a mouth mask.
- You don't have to keep your distance, except at the arrival zone.
Marriages, religious services, funerals and cremations
- Indoors: with up to 200 people.
- Outdoors: with up to 400 people.
Guided tours are limited to a maximum of 25 persons (guide not included).
Bars, restaurants and companies
Bars and restaurants
- Opening hours: from 5 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Maximum 8 people (children up to 12 years old not included) may sit at the same table.
- The distance between table groups must be at least 1.5 metres.
- On the terrace, the distance may be smaller if there are plexiglass walls (at least 1.8 m high) between the tables.
- People may only sit at a table (no service at the bar). You remain seated at the same table.
- Wearing a mouth mask is mandatory for staff and customers if they are not sitting at a table
- Indoor ventilation must be monitored.
You disinfect your hands for the attraction and keep your distance with other visitors.
- Working from home is advisable.
- Teambuildings are allowed.
Questions about the coronavirus in Leuven
General questions about the coronavirus in Belgium
The federal government shares official, verified and up-to-date information: