Request, renew or add extra categories to your (current) licence
How to apply?
In the city office, by appointment.
What do you need to bring?
- Identity card or residence permit
- 1 recent passport-size photo: pay attention to the requirements for photos. There is a photo booth in the city office.
- Provisional or previous driving licence
- In case of loss or theft: police report, issued by the Belgian police authorities
- In case of extra categories that need to be added: request form, issued by the exam centre
- For C and D-categories: medical certificate
- Request and renewal of a permanent driving licence: € 30
- Provisional driving licence: € 25
- When: After 4 working days
- Where: In the city office, you don't need an appointment
View address and opening hours
For holders of a foreign driving licence (EU and non-EU licences)
If you plan to drive a car, motorbike or other motorized vehicle in Belgium, it is necessary to either register or exchange your non-Belgian licence.