Mouth mask in Leuven
Where is a mouth mask mandatory?
In Leuven, a mouth mask is mandatory for everyone from the age of 13, if you walk, cycle or step in:
- Pedestrian area
- Naamsestraat from the Charles Deberiotstraat
- Brusselsestraat between the Lei and the Kapucijnenvoer
In the entire province of Flemish Brabant, having a mouth mask with you is compulsory from the age of 13 and wearing a mouth mask is mandatory in the following places:
- Places where you can't keep 1,5 meters distance
- Public transport (also at the station or at a stop)
- Shops and shopping centers
- Cinemas, theater, concert and conference rooms
- Places of worship
- Public parts of courthouses and city buildings
- Museums and libraries
- Hairdressing salons, beauticians and other contact professions
- Bank branches
- Casinos and slot machine arcades
- Residential care centers
- Markets and fairgrounds
- Cafes and restaurants (only if you walk around)
- Events (in- and outdoor)
- Public buildings
- Spectators at sports competitions
Which mouth mask to wear?
- Fabric mouth mask
Wash the mouth mask after use at 60 degrees minimum.
- Reusable mouth mask
After use, dispose of the mouth mask in a waste container.
Do not wear a scarf or bandana as a mouth-nose covering. That is insufficient.