Mouth mask in Leuven
Where is a mouth mask mandatory?
In Leuven, a mouth mask from 12 years is mandatory if you walk, cycle or step in:
- Pedestrian area
- Naamsestraat from the Charles Deberiotstraat
- Brusselsestraat between the Lei and the Kapucijnenvoer
In the entire province of Flemish Brabant, having a mouth mask with you is compulsory from the age of 12 and wearing a mouth mask is mandatory in the following places:
- Places where you can't keep 1,5 meters distance
- Public transport (also at the station or at a stop)
- Shops and shopping centers
- Cinemas, theater, concert and conference rooms
- Places of worship
- Public parts of courthouses and city buildings
- Museums and libraries
- Hairdressing salons, beauticians and other contact professions
- Bank branches
- Casinos and slot machine arcades
- Residential care centers
- Markets and fairgrounds
- Cafes and restaurants (only if you walk around)
- Events (in- and outdoor)
- Public buildings
- Spectators at sports competitions
Mouth masks for sale
Which mouth masks are for sale?
- Children’s masks (6 to 12 years old)
- Adult masks
You can purchase a maximum of 2 adult masks and 4 children’s masks per household.
For Leuven residents only.
€ 5 per mouth mask.
You can pay cash or by card.
Where for sale?
In the city office
View address and opening hours