I want to help
In your neighbourhood
First help the people in your direct environment (neighbours, family, friends).
What happens after you sign up?
- We will look for a request that matches your profile.
- We will provide you with the information needed to assist.
- You get into contact with the person assigned to you.
What do you have to pay attention to when volunteering?
Are you offering assistance? Please pay attention to the following measures in order to prevent infection with the virus:
- Make your arrangements by telephone of via the internet.
- Avoid physical contact as much as possible
- Keep a safe distance
- Wash your hands before and after having contact with others.
- Pay special attention to at-risk groups.
- Settle payments digitally or put your money in an envelope.
Get your free volunteering insurance
If you help others during the coronacrisis, you are entitled to the free volunteering insurance offered by Vlaanderen Helpt.
What does this insurance cover?
- Your activities between 8:00 and 20:00
- Your civil liability
- Legal assistance
- Personal physical damage
Further information on the assurance during coronacrisis (Dutch only)
How to get the insurance?
- Register as a volunteer on 'Leuven Helpt', after this you are automatically covered by the ‘Vlaanderen Helpt!’ Insurance, except for:
- If you are not registered on ‘Leuven Helpt’ but do help others in your surroundings, sign up for the insurance.
If you have suffered damage, please notify by mail within 24 hours at email@example.com.
I need help
General requests for assistance
Doing groceries, delivering food, providing medicines, social contact, animal care ...
Let us know what kind of assistance you need. Your request will be treated confidentially
Day care for children
- Are you a health care provider and in need of a volunteer to look after your children in your home?
Request day care for your children here
- Are you employed in a different sector and in need of day care for your children?
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens after your request for assistance?
- We will look for a matching volunteer.
- We will provide the volunteer with your coordinates. You will get the volunteer’s coordinates.
- We will ask the volunteer to contact you.
In need of information and tips about remote learning? Ask your questions about remote learning.
Are you suffering from stress? Do you feel anxious, sad, upset or confused? Read more about how to get emotional support.