You must purchase specific bags for various types of unsorted waste, biodegradable, pmd, and soft plastics.
Points of sale
- In the city office (without appointment)
View address and opening hours
- In most supermarkets in Leuven
- Brown bags (unsorted waste)
- Roll of 10 large bags (60 litres per bag): € 22,5
- Roll of 10 small bags (30 litres per bag): € 11,25
- Blue bags (PMD: plastic packaging, metal packaging, drink cartons)
- Roll of 20 bags: € 3
- Green bags (GFT: vegetable, fruit and garden)
Green gft bags are only for Leuven city centre. Biodegradable waste in the boroughs is collected in a GFT container.
- Roll of 10 large biodegradable bags (40 liters): € 7
- Roll of 20 small biodegradable bags (20 liters): € 7
- Roll of 50 small compostable bags for kitchen waste bins: € 2,5
You can exchange a broken bag at the city office.