Opgelet: Measurements coronavirusThe City office counters are only open for urgent and essential operations. We ask you to consider whether your appointment is essential at the moment and ask you to postpone your request or collection if possible. Arrange as many city affairs as possible online, by telephone or by email.
- Appointments that have been planned will currently still take place as scheduled. Please consider whether your appointment is urgent or can be postponed. There is a transparant screen between the counter staff and you.
- We currently only allow new appointments that are strictly necessary. Do you need an appointment urgently? Call 016 27 28 29 to check if an exception is possible.
- The construction department, the childcare counter, the welfare counter and the housing counter are closed. You can reach them by mail or by phone.
What do I need an appointment for?
- Birth declaration, child recognition, name change
- Change of address: declaration (also online, Dutch only)
- Child care: registration, certificate of income ...
- Death, euthanasia, property upon death, donorship: declaration
- Documents and certificates: request (also online, Dutch only)
Opgelet: Collecting documents and certificates is possible without appointment
- Driving license: request and collect
- Energy: information
- Foreigners: registration, nationality, work permit, request residence permit, registration students
Opgelet: Collecting residence permit is possible without appointment (check opening hours)
- ID card: request new card, pin- and pukcode, change address after moving (after police check)
Opgelet: Collecting an ID card is possible without appointment (check opening hours)
- Marriage and legal cohabiting contract
- Taxes and invoices: explanation
- Travel passport, consent for minors travelling abroad: request
Opgelet: Collecting travel passport is possible without appointment (check opening hours)
- Urban planning: information, permissions, violation of law, vacancy of real estate, complaint housing quality, public enquiries
- Welfare and care (information about subsidies, help with applications ...)
Because of current corona measures, we only allow appointments that are strictly necessary.
Do you need an appointment urgently? Call 016 27 28 29 to see if an exception is possible.
What I don't need an appointment for? (opening hours City Office)
In the City Office you don't need an appointment for:
- Apllication of activation code for digital keys
- Badge for hydraulic street poles: request and collect
- Buy city plan, garbage bags, organic waste stickers or ‘UiTPAS’
- C3-halftime form: ask for a stamp
- Certified true copy of your documents/statements: request and collect
- Documents and certificates: collect (also online, Dutch only)
- Driving licence: collect
Opgelet: You need an appointment to request a driving license
- Extract from the judicial record: request and collect (also online, Dutch only)
- ID card
Opgelet: You need an appointment to request an ID card.
- Parking card for residents: request and collect (also online, Dutch only)
- Pension claim: submit
- Rat poison
- Residence card: collect
Opgelet: You need an appointment to request a residence card.
- Taxi card: collect
- Travel passport: collect
Opgelet: You need an appointment to request a travel passport.
- Work permit type C: collect
Not sure you need an appointment?
Call us, we will help you.
How do I make an appointment?
As a precaution for the coronavirus, you can temporarily only make an appointment by telephone for urgent matters. Call 016 27 28 29.
Reschedule my appointment
You can reschedule your appointment online (using the link in the confirmation email) or simply call to let us know. This allows us to help other people when you can’t make it.
Contact details city departments
Check the list with contact details.