Activation code digital key
The online services offered by the authorities are protected. To gain access, you have to identify yourself with a digital key. Some digital keys require an activation code.
Which digital keys are available?
1. Electronic identity card (eID) or electronic residence card
Logging in with your eID or electronic residence card is the safest way.
Log in on your smartphone with a free app.
3. Digital key with activation code (mobile app, text message or token)
No eID or residence card, card reader or Itsme? In that case you can apply for another digital key. You identify yourself with a mobile app, a text message or a token. These digital keys require an activation code.
You can find more information about digital keys on the website of the federal authorities.
How to apply for a digital key with activation code (mobile app, text message or token)?
1. Come to the city office (without appointment).
Check the opening hours.
What do you need to bring?
- Proof of identity
- National number ('rijksregisternummer') or bis number
- Personal email address
2. You immediately receive an activation code.
3. You receive an email with a link which allows you to select and activate a digital key.
You can pay using cash or a debit/credit card.
Call or chat with 1700, the free information service of the Flemish authorities.